Sunday, January 29, 2006

Videos on Google.

I was surfing the web and found a real cool video on a guy's blog. It surprisingly looked very similar to the videos posted on google and wait a minute, it was. Google now allows you to have links of video on your site and they give you the code that you need to embed on your site for it.
Although I liked the quantity of videos that I could find on it, it seemed strange that when you say download the video, it just downloads a 1 kb file containing the information and which can be played only on the special Google Video Player. This forces you to be connected to the net whenever you want to watch the videos. I am not sure how the "paid" video service work, if they allow you to download the entire videos or if it's the same thing. I guess if it's not then it's not worth buying those videos which don't come cheap ranging in costs from $ 1.99 to 5.95 and maybe more. I hope someday Google finds another way to recoup the money that the market expects them to make and puts it under so much pressure so that they reduce the money they charge for these videos and also make available some of the videos free.

This is the test for my first link to a Google video link.
A clip about Funniest Goals...

No comments: